Thursday 20 March 2014

Cosmic Glue - The Last Day Of Winter

The sky is blue and grey, the sun is shining, the winds are rising and the last thing I expected was to write a new song. But I did. And there is is. A strong song in my little canon of new pieces from this new age of music I find myself entering.

I'm back in the studio on Monday and this one needs to be added to the Cosmic Glue track list. I was already trying to pare down 14 songs to 12 and possibly 10...but that was just a crisis of confidence after a difficult start to my last recording session... (nothing to do with music - we all have a life to live with all of its stuff happening out here in the normal world...)

So could Cosmic Glue now hold 15 tracks? Those songs will have to fight for their lives, but fighting songs they are and at the moment they all have a good chance - including the new one - of making the final cut.

So today is a 'free' day. No studio, no shop to run, but here I am after four hours with a new song almost ready to go.

Yay!

But, to clear my head, we're taking the CD-less car on a jaunt... Up to the hills (or rather - The Hill - May Hill to be precise) with boots and dog and snug fitting hats. Then lunch in The Forest somewhere... (it was The Saracen's Head) then the second walk of the day along the River Wye - still at high water and fast flowing. Coco The Wonder Dog played mountain goat all along the banks.

Now - home again and back to the guitar and iPhone to record the embryonic basis of song 15.

Website




No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.